Ductless Mini-Splits Services
If you need any kind of ductless mini-split services for your Spokane, WA home, our expert team at Cougar Heating and Air Conditioning is always available to help. Whether you’re looking to have a new mini-split system installed or your current system is having problems, we’ll be able to take care of it for you. Ductless mini-split systems offer a variety of benefits, and depending on your situation, utilizing one in your home may be a better fit than a typical central air system. However, just like any type of HVAC system, ductless mini-split systems can occasionally encounter problems. When an equipment issue occurs, it can be detrimental to your comfort and financial situation. To keep the negative effects to the minimum, all you need to do is give us a call and let our expert HVAC technicians get to work. They’ll do whatever’s necessary to get your system back to peak performance and efficiency.
How Do Ductless Mini Splits Work?
Standard central air HVAC systems work by distributing conditioned air through a home’s air ducts and into the different areas of the living space. Ductless mini-split systems, on the other hand, blow conditioned air into a single room using a blower mounted on a wall or the ceiling. However, that doesn’t mean that ductless mini-splits can only provide air to one room at a time. If you want to use your system to keep multiple sections of your home comfortable, you can have several indoor units all hooked up to one outdoor condenser. When you have that kind of setup, you can control the temperature of each zone independently. That way, if you prefer warm temperatures but your significant other likes to keep it cool, you can both be comfortable simultaneously in different parts of the house.
Ductless mini-split systems aren’t right for every situation. If you live in a large household with full ductwork installed, it probably makes more sense to go with a central air system. However, if you live in a smaller home or a home without air ducts, a ductless mini-split system could be the perfect choice.
What Are the Benefits of Ductless Mini-Splits?
There are several household benefits associated with having a ductless mini-split system. The most obvious benefit is that if you don’t have ductwork in your home, you can control your household climate without paying to have it installed. However, there are also a handful of improvements you may notice after having a mini-split system added to your home.
- Peace and Quiet – One nice thing about ductless mini-split systems is that their air handlers don’t typically need to be as powerful. As a result, they tend to operate without as much noise, meaning you and your family can enjoy more peace and quiet while staying nice and comfortable.
- Better Indoor Air Quality – Another benefit of ductless mini-split systems is that they usually run more cleanly, circulating far less dust, dirt, and debris into the air that you and your family are breathing. With central air systems, it’s inevitable for those contaminant particles to accumulate in the vents and air ducts, whereas with mini-splits, that isn’t an issue.
- Reduced Energy Bills – On average, ductless mini-split systems require roughly 50% less energy to operate than central air HVAC systems. This is due to the fact that you’re only heating and cooling specific areas of your home, as opposed to the entire household at once. Over the course of months or years, that difference in energy usage can add up to some serious savings on your bills.
Want to Learn more about installing a ductless mini-split system in your home? Call us today at (509) 484-6420.
Signs That Your Ductless Mini-Split Systems Needs Repairs
When your ductless mini-split system encounters a mechanical issue, what’s most important is that you get it addressed promptly by professionals. If you give Cougar Heating and Air Conditioning a call, our skilled technicians will thoroughly inspect your system, determine the source of the problem, and provide an effective, long-lasting fix. Below, you’ll find a list of the most common symptoms that something isn’t quite right with your ductless mini-split system.
- Weakened airflow
- Unusual noises or odors
- Inexplicably expensive energy bills
- Worsened indoor air quality
- Unusual amounts of moisture
If you wait too long to take action, a minor issue with your ductless mini-split system could turn into a much more serious one. Instead, the wisest thing you can do is be proactive and make an appointment with our team as soon as possible.
You deserve to have the most efficient ways to control the temperature inside your home. Call us today at (509) 484-6420.
Reliable Ductless Mini-Split Services
At Cougar Heating and Air Conditioning, we’ve been proudly serving the greater Spokane area for many years, and we’ve developed a reputation for excellent customer service and high-quality work. Our top priorities are that our customers stay comfortable, safe, and happy, and we consistently go above and beyond to achieve those goals. Whether you need a minor repair job, a major fix, or a complete system replacement, our licensed technicians will be up to the task. If you’re ready to schedule an appointment, simply give us a call today!