Spokane, WA Furnace Repair
When the winter arrives in Spokane, WA, the temperature can regularly drop below freezing. When that happens, having a dependable heating system makes all the difference in the world. At Cougar Heating and Air Conditioning, we’re proud to provide high-quality heating services to residents of the greater Spokane area. Whether your heater needs a tune-up to improve its performance, a repair to get it running again, or just an inspection to make sure it’s in good shape, our experienced technicians can handle it. We truly care about the comfort of our customers, and if your furnace or heat pump isn’t getting the job done, we’ll do everything possible to fix that. Regardless of the service you need, our assistance is only a phone call away.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
When your household heating system isn’t performing well, it can make your day-to-day life stressful and unpleasant. That’s why we offer flexible appointment scheduling for any repairs your heater needs. Whether it be a tiny fix, a massive repair job, or anything in between, we’ll get it done promptly and for a reasonable price. All you need to do is notice the problem and give us a call.
In most cases, there will be certain red flags you can notice when your furnace is under the weather. These symptoms aren’t always identical, but there are a handful that tend to be the most common warning signs.
- Poor airflow
- Hot and cold spots around your home
- Strange noises or odors
- Discolored pilot light (gas-burning furnaces)
- Trouble starting up
- Strange noises or odors
- Nonstop cycling
- Poor indoor air quality
If you observe any of these issues, you shouldn’t try to diagnose or fix the problem on your own. Instead, schedule an inspection with our team. We’ll determine exactly what’s going wrong and apply a fix that will permanently solve the issue.
Professional Heating Maintenance
At Cougar, we offer thorough heating tune-ups for a fair price. During this service, our goal is to counteract the wear and tear on your heating system, thoroughly inspect its overall condition, and give it a comprehensive cleaning. Scheduling this service every year is crucial if you want to get the best performance possible from your home’s heater. For a relatively small investment, you can enjoy some or all of the following benefits.
- Better Heating Performance – When we perform a heating tune-up, the primary objective is to improve the appliance’s overall performance. By making equipment adjustments and cleaning out the dust, dirt, and debris, we allow the system to run more smoothly and do its job more effectively. You’ll have more control over your home’s climate and enjoy significantly more consistent comfort.
- Lower Energy Bills – When your heater is able to do its job without straining itself, it doesn’t need to burn through as much electricity. After a tune-up, the system will be able to operate more efficiently, and you’ll notice the difference when your monthly bills arrive.
- Fewer Repairs Needed – The more wear and tear accumulate on your heating system, the higher the potential is for a component to malfunction, break, or wear out. During maintenance, we check that all of the unit’s parts are in good condition, and if there are any warning signs of upcoming problems, we take preventative measures.
- Better Air Quality – Over time, various contaminant particles will build up in your heating appliance. Inevitably, some of those pollutants will get cycled into the air that you and your family breathe. However, we’ll thoroughly clean the system to ensure that your indoor air is as clean and healthy as possible.
When Should You Replace Your Heater?
As your household heating system gets older, its performance and efficiency will eventually start to decline. While scheduling tune-ups will delay the process, there will come a time when your comfort and finances are being negatively affected. At that point, your best option is to invest in a replacement heater, and we at Cougar are always available to make that process smooth and easy for you.
If you take good care of your heater, it may last as long as 15 or so years. When it passes the 10- year mark, though, you should start to pay closer attention to its condition. If you notice that the appliance starts to have trouble keeping you warm, or your energy bills begin to rise dramatically, it may be time to purchase a new system. If you want, our team will be happy to inspect your aging heater and help you decide if it’s the right time to make a change. Then, we’ll guide you in selecting an excellent new system for your home, and we’ll have it installed before you know it.
Dependable Heating Experts
When your heating system needs help, it’s imperative that you can count on your local HVAC professionals. At Cougar, we strive to provide the most reliable heating services in the greater Spokane area. The things we value most are honesty, integrity, and communication. We believe that the customer’s needs are the most important thing, which is why we emphasize exceptional customer service on every job. If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, simply give us a call today.